I asked this on the x86 mailing list (and got a "it should work" answer), but
this is probably more of the appropriate place for it.

In a 2 node Sun Cluster (3.2 running Solaris 10 u8, but could be running u9 if
needed), we're looking at moving from VXFS to ZFS.  However, quite frankly,
part of the rationale is L2ARC.  Would it be possible to use internal (SSD)
storage for the L2ARC in such a scenario?  My understanding is that if a ZFS
filesystem is passed from one node to another, the L2ARC has to be rebuilt.
So, why can't it just be rebuilt on internal storage?

The nodes (x4240's) are identical and would have identical storage installed,
so the paths would be the same.

Has anyone done anything similar to this?  I'd love something more than "it
should work" before dropping $25k on SSD's...

TIA,
matt