On 4/29/24 23:02, Richard Henderson wrote:
On 4/29/24 13:52, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
No objections here about the remainder of the series, other than that I don't have an easy/obvious way to test the new instructions...

I was thinking about adding support to RISU, but the gcc compile farm sparc machines have been down for ages, so no way to generate the reference traces.

Update: I have successfully ported RISU to Sparc64, Solaris and Linux. There is a limitation in that I cannot find how to extract %gsr from the signal frame, which is unfortunate, but I can work around that for now.

I have added descriptions of VIS1 instructions to RISU, and it turns out we have failures relative to a Sparc M8. I have not yet analyzed these failures, but it proves the effort was not wasted. :-)

I'll clean up these patches and post them here when I next get some downtime.

r~