On 15/05/2024 16:30, Richard Henderson wrote:

On 4/29/24 23:02, Richard Henderson wrote:
On 4/29/24 13:52, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
No objections here about the remainder of the series, other than that I don't have an easy/obvious way to test the new instructions...

I was thinking about adding support to RISU, but the gcc compile farm sparc machines have been down for ages, so no way to generate the reference traces.

Update: I have successfully ported RISU to Sparc64, Solaris and Linux.  There is a limitation in that I cannot find how to extract %gsr from the signal frame, which is unfortunate, but I can work around that for now.

I have added descriptions of VIS1 instructions to RISU, and it turns out we have failures relative to a Sparc M8.  I have not yet analyzed these failures, but it proves the effort was not wasted.  :-)

I'll clean up these patches and post them here when I next get some downtime.
r~

That's great news, thanks for the update. I've had confirmation that there is work underway to repair the SPARC hardware hosting Linux for the gcc buildfarm, so hopefully it will be back in service soon.

ATB,

Mark.