Thanks for your support on this Lorenzo.

As for pipewire, my JACK/fluidsynth script stops it and pulseaudio so they are not part of my equation at all. My script also allows me to restart pulseaudio and it leaves pipewire off. I've had no problems.

pipewire seems like it can just be turned off and left off in my experience.

Ted.