Hi

> On 29 Nov 2023, at 9:44 am, Chris Dumez via webkit-dev
> <webkit-dev@lists.webkit.org> wrote:
>
> FYI, our official documentation on WebKit.org <http://webkit.org/> says:
> ```
> Making unofficial reviews before you become a reviewer is encouraged. This is
> an excellent way to show your skills. Note that you should not put r+ nor r-
> on patches in such unofficial reviews.
> ```
> I guess this wan’t updated after the move to GitHub. For me, no r+ or r- on
> bugzilla translates to no approve / deny PRs on GitHub. So I simply wish we’d
> start enforcing this policy again.
>
> Having the tools help us would be great but I don’t think it stops us from
> enforcing our own policies like we used to.

Personally, I’ve been requesting non-official reviewers to review my patches
because I know that their skill set is perfectly matched (and it will help make
them official reviewer)

Having them giving r+ explicitly is, I find, easier to spot than looking
through the often busy GitHub page to find the comments.

Could we relax the ability to give informal r+ review to people with commit
rights?

(And it’s also great to be able to provide stats later to say see, that person
did XX informal reviews :) )

Jean-Yves