Dear Spring Community

After more than two and a half years of development, I am delighted to
announce that Acegi Security 1.0.0 is now officially released.

In addition to more than 80 improvements and fixes since 1.0.0 RC2, this
new release also includes several changes to help new users. This
includes a significant restructure and expansion of the reference guide
(now more than 90 pages) and a new "bare bones" tutorial sample
application. Furthermore, many of the frequently-identified problems
experienced by new users have been addressed, such as custom 403
messages (as opposed to using the Servlet Container's error handler),
detecting corrupt property input following the reformatting of XML
files, and a new logout filter. We've also refactored our LDAP services,
made the SecurityContextHolder a pluggable strategy (especially useful
for rich clients who wish to avoid ThreadLocal), and improved CAS support.

Please visit
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/spring/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10040&styleName=Html&version=10360

for a detailed changelog. As always, detailed upgrade instructions are
included in the release ZIP file.

The project's web site at http://acegisecurity.org provides additional
information on Acegi Security's features, access to online
documentation, and links to download the latest release. I will also be
providing a presentation on Acegi Security at SpringOne next month, so I
hope to see you there.

We trust that you find this new release useful in your projects.

Cheers