Dear Spring Community

After almost two years of development, Spring Security 2.0.0 is now
available for download. This significant new release replaces Acegi
Security as the official security module for Spring applications.

Spring Security 2.0.0 features substantially simplified configuration.
Whilst old configurations required hundreds of lines of XML, our new
convention over configuration approach ensures that many deployments
will now require less than 10 lines.

We've also added many other new capabilities to Spring Security 2.0.0:

* OpenID integration, which is the web's emerging single sign on
standard (supported by Google, IBM, Sun, Yahoo and others)

* Windows NTLM support, providing easy enterprise-wide single sign on
against Windows corporate networks

* Support for JSR 250 ("EJB 3") security annotations, delivering a
standards-based model for authorization metadata

* AspectJ pointcut expression language support, allowing developers to
apply cross-cutting security logic across their Spring managed objects

* Substantial improvements to the high-performance domain object
instance security ("ACL") capabilities

* Comprehensive support for RESTful web request authorization, which
works well with Spring 2.5's @MVC model for building RESTful systems

* Long-requested support for groups, hierarchical roles and a user
management API, which all combine to reduce development time and
significantly improve system administration

* An improved, database-backed "remember me" implementation

* Support for portlet authentication out-of-the-box

* Support for additional languages

* Numerous other general improvements, documentation and new samples

* New support for web state and flow transition authorization through
the Spring Web Flow 2.0 release

* New support for visualizing secured methods, plus configuration
auto-completion support in Spring IDE

* Enhanced WSS (formerly WS-Security) support through the Spring Web
Services 1.5 release

Please visit http://www.springframework.org/download to download the
latest release and access the change log.

We hope you find this new release useful in your projects.

Best regards

Ben Alex
Project Lead, Spring Security