Hi,

I battled a problem lately, where acegi didn't properly set a new
Session-Cookie, when the session had timed out, and a new one was
created. It turned out to be a problem in
org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter, where an
empty catch block swallowed an IllegalStateException. Like this:

try {
   httpSession = ((HttpServletRequest) request).getSession(true);
}
catch (IllegalStateException ignored) {
}

I documented it all here
http://www.techper.net/2008/07/19/acegi-security-not-setting-a-new-session-cookie/

with more detailed information. The reason for posting here on this
list, was a commenter on my blog, suggesting to tell you about it. Is
this something that should be considered to be fixed? Like, with a WARN
log in the catch block maybe?

Kind regards, Per