Hi Ray,

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 7:10 PM, Ray Krueger <raykrue...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 2:52 AM, Kerwin Tang <kerwint...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I've tried to integrate acegi with my grails application and i've
> > encountered a problem where i'm stuck.
>
> Did you use the AcegiSecurity Plugin for Grails?

Yes.. sorry if i didn't mention it.

> > I was able to set it up such that i am able to create user records, save
> > them to the database, and login successfully using those records.
> However,
> > once i try to restart my grails app, the username/password combination
> > cannot login successfully now, even though the records are indeed in the
> > database.
> >
> > I'm thinking it's probably caused by some inconsistency in the
> > encryption/decryption of passwords, but i'm not really that familiar. Any
> > help will be appreciated. Thanks!
>
> Do you have a PasswordEncoder setup co correctly? Meaning that you're
> passiong the same instance of it to all the necessary parts?

yes.. after checking and re-checking, it seems the problem was caused by the
authority_user table being truncated i.e. all records are deleted on
startup.. that's why the error was encountered "user [user] has no
GrantedAuthority.".

Do you have an idea why the authority_user table is being truncated on boot?
The only content of init method in my bootstrap config file is:

def init = { servletContext -->
     new Requestmap(url:"/project/**",configAttribute:"ROLE_USER").save()
     new Requestmap(url:"/issue/**",configAttribute:"ROLE_USER").save()
     new Requestmap(url:"/home/**",configAttribute:"ROLE_USER").save()
}

def destroy = {
}

Thanks for your help.