You should be asking this question on the Grails User list -
http://grails.org/Mailing+lists.

It sounds like you're using dbCreate='create-drop' in DataSource.groovy. If you
want to retain data between server restarts, either use dbCreate='update' or
leave out the dbCreate parameter entirely and manually update your schema.

--
Burt