More...

at ApacheCon Bernd and me also discussed about, what's with the tobago
code base. Stuff like upload can be *unified* for all these three libs.

-Matthias

On 7/7/06, Matthias Wessendorf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Mike

On 7/7/06, Mike Kienenberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Moving to dev.....

good idea

> Well, not to be a pain about it, but the inability of some users to
> use a released product like Tomahawk shouldn't be driving the
> development decisions of a podling.

sure!

> The need to have a popup calendar looks like a perfect trial run of
> merging the two code bases, and I'd hate to see someone go out and
> reinvent the popup calendar "wheel" yet another time when we've
> already got two or three of them.

sure, popup cal. is just a *simple* example of that.
We have a wiki for identifing some task. Feel free to add content.
(see [1]).

> Realistically, merging the two is probably going to be more a matter
> of porting Tomahawk components over to Trinidad than the other way
> around, I'm guessing, so maybe I'm arguing over semantics.

Yeah, sorta. The Trinidad podling for instance has already
*buid-in*support for Facelets. Tomahawk has also some goodies. This
task (merging) won't be a short one (IMO)

-Matt

[1]
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/ADF_Faces/Identify_components_to_merge_into_Tomahawk_Shared

> On 7/7/06, Matthias Wessendorf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hey Mike,
> >
> > yes that is the goal. but for some reasons user's won't / can't use
> > Tomahawk (or MyFaces) in their production. I think that was the reason
> > for this thread. Creating a custom one on top of the Trinidad Podling
> > is ok for me. For the tomahawk stuff, we should take a look at Dojo
> > ([1]). On the ApacheCon I saw that they have now "xml namespaces",
> > means <dojo:wiget ... /> instead of *hacking* JS.
> >
> > I know some projects, that are not allowed to use MyFaces; they stick
> > with IBM or the RI.
> >
> > -Matthias
> >
> > [1] http://dojotoolkit.org/~dylan/dojo/tests/widget/demo_DatePicker.html
> >
> > On 7/7/06, Mike Kienenberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Could someone refresh my memory?  Was the eventual goal to merge
> > > Trinidad and Tomahawk?
> > >
> > > If so, I think creating Yet Another Popup Calendar rather than making
> > > the existing tomahawk popup calendars play nice with Trinidad is a
> > > step in the wrong direction.
> > >
> > > However, I could be off-base on the eventual goal for these two libraries.

We may