Personally I don't think a TLP would be a good idea just yet since JSF is
still relatively new compared to some older well known frameworks. I think
it's easier for new users to find all they need from one entry point and
MyFaces seems the right place for that, at least for now.

Also, being a subproject will probably improve the users' confidence in
library compatibility as well as encourage that compatibility to be
kept/improved by developers.

It may just be a feeling, but it seems to me that making Trinidad TLP right
away would make it look a bit like a loner, especially since Tobago and
Tomahawk are MyFaces sub projects. If JSF component sets should be TLP(s),
then I think it should be done all at the same time, and this cannot be
achieved until we harmonize Tomahawk, Trinidad and Tobago imho.

My 2ยข,

~ Simon