On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 11:51 AM, bobetko <bobe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to place my custom map (overlay) over Google map.
> For example, my MapView will be positioned to look at some building. I
> want to load custom image(s) that will show building's floor plan.
> Want to be able to pan and zoom, and place markers (for example, Room
> 1, Room 2, etc...), in other words, I would like to be able to use
> Google Map API methods. The best would be if Google map images are not
> loaded at all, since that will (I believe) slow down user's
> experience. Also, the user may be inside the building, and connection
> may be slow or non-existing.
>
> Is this possible?

It is certainly possible for a qualified programmer (or team) to
create an application that shows a building's floor plan, with pan and
zoom, place markers, etc.

It just won't use MapView, since that is for showing Google Maps.
Furthermore, MapView is proprietary, and so you cannot repurpose its
code for your own uses.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_The Busy Coder's Guide to Android Development_ Version 3.1 Available!