I've seen that my background service is allocating 25Mbs according to
the Running Services android window. As it is a lot of memory that I
think I don't use I looked to ddms and also made a head dump of my
process and then the memory usage is only 2.9Mb

What's is the real memory usage? If it is the ddms one is there any
way to let running services give the correct usage? Because I'm afraid
that if some user look at the running services it will say that the
application is wasting a lot of memory.