Hi All,

Thanks for all the info. I specified my app's activity to be BROWSABLE in
the AndroidManifest file. I tried by using my own URI scheme. (e.g.
myownapp://dummy)

Then I wrote a sample html page, and specified a link which upon clicking
will start the app. Of course for this to work it must be assumed that the
app is already pre-installed in the device.

As I am testing with my own app and my own webpage, I think I need not stick
to using universal namespace. ( I hope i am correct but this method works!)

Thanks and Regards,
Perumal