I have a main Activity within the Manifest.xml hardware_acceleration="true"

<activity android:name="MainActivity" android:screenOrientation="landscape" android:configChanges="orientation" android:hardwareAccelerated="true" ></activity> <activity android:name="display" android:screenOrientation="landscape" android:configChanges="orientation" android:hardwareAccelerated="true" ></activity>

screen = (FrameLayout) findViewById(R.id.data); is a part of the main layout
Log.e("main", "screen is  " + screen.isHardwareAccelerated() );

calling  isHardwareAccelerated()   returns  true;

Now the main Activity  calls an Intent to launch a second activity
This activity in the manifest.xml also has hardware_acceleration="true"

            Intent intent = new Intent();
            intent.setClass(getApplicationContext(), display.class);
            startActivity(intent);

parent = (FrameLayout) findViewById(R.id.image); is a part of the display class layout
Log.e("display", "parent   is  " + parent.isHardwareAccelerated());

however isHardwareAccelerated()  returns false;

Why is this ?  and how do I launch an activity with hardware acceleration ?

Thanks in advance