On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 5:07 PM, Jake Colman <col...@ppllc.com> wrote:
> Yes, I meant an "app widget" and, yes, the app widget is being updated
> via android:updatePeriodMillis and the AlarmManager.  The onCreate
> method is NOT being called following an APPWIDGET_UPDATE since I see
> those happening elsewhere in my debug log.

That will depend upon whether or not your process was terminated
between updates. Sometimes it will, sometimes it will not.

> Since the alarm is triggering so often, it sounds unlikely that the
> widget was swapped out of memory since it was quiescent and then
> recreated on account of the alarm having triggered.  Having said that,
> the timestamps for both events (onCreate and the alarm) are identical.

Are you messing around with android:process attributes in the
manifest? If so, each process gets its own Application instance. Also,
if so, please reconsider.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_The Busy Coder's Guide to Android Development_ Version 4.5 Available!