Hello,

One of my users reports a crash like this:

android.database.sqlite.SQLiteException: no such column: _id (code 1):
, while compiling: SELECT _id, generation, flags, numeric_uid,
body_main_size, body_main_fetched_size, body_alt_size, body_alt_fetc¤
     , search_token, op_flags, op_move_to_folder, op_hide, misc_flags
FROM message WHERE folder_id = ? AND numeric_uid >= ? AND numeric_uid
< ?
        at
android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.nativePrepareStatement(Native
Method)
        at
android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.acquirePreparedStatement(SQLiteConnection.java:886)
        at
android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.executeForCursorWindow(SQLiteConnection.java:835)
        at
android.database.sqlite.SQLiteSession.executeForCursorWindow(SQLiteSession.java:836)
        at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteQuery.fillWindow(SQLiteQuery.java:62)
        at
android.database.sqlite.SQLiteCursor.fillWindow(SQLiteCursor.java:158)
        at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteCursor.getCount(SQLiteCursor.java:148)
        at
android.database.AbstractCursor.moveToPosition(AbstractCursor.java:197)
        at android.database.AbstractCursor.moveToNext(AbstractCursor.java:245)
        at <my code here>

Note the weird character in the middle of:

"body_alt_fetc >>right here>>¤<<<<< , search_token".

There are supposed to be a few more characters where this weird one is.

My code here calls SQLiteDatabase.query with a String[] projection, a table
name, a simple selection and its arguments, etc. All very basic stuff.

The crash happens "once in a while", even though this query runs literally
all the time. It's always this query, too, even though there are dozens
more, for same table, and in same source file.

It looks to me like a memory overwrite, presumably in native code ('cause
it's pretty hard to overwrite something by accident on the Java side of
things).

Has anyone ran into this or a similar query corruption?

The device is a Zopo 980, if that means anything.

Thanks,
-- K

---
"Android Developers" group.