Hi Raz, all,

I'm starting a new thread because this work is no longer related to the logo updates discussed in the other thread.

The new web buttons Raz created are integrated in the Web Button Gallery
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Art/Gallery/WebButtons

I like them, they cover the theme of the OOo3 splash screen very well.

But I'd like to address a few thoughts though:

1. As the buttons will (hopefully) be integrated in existing websites, what do you think about adding a border to show them more prominently (elevated)?

2. The smallest button (36x13) reads "OOo", while this acronym has not been introduced outside the community. I don't know if people will understand it better than just the gulls.

3. For the second one (80x15) you moved the gulls to the side. I'm sorry, but this kind of modification to the logo didn't get approval in the past, so I don't think we should provide this one as official.

4. Some of the middle size buttons contain not all of the colored dots. In my eyes this branding element is not as strong as other graphics, so showing only five or six of the points might be ok because of the button size (nevertheless I'd prefer the row of seven). Other opinions?

5. You (Raz) wrote:
I think there was one where the "3" looked a little choppy.
You refer to the smaller buttons? I don't know how you changed the size of the logo, but they seem to be not really sharp. How did you modify their size?

Please don't take my comments as criticism - I like your work!

Best regards

Bernhard

I wrote in the thread "Logo files updated - please review...":
Hi Raz, *

Raz Cumbe schrieb:

  Hi Bernhard,

Have you already created an account on the wiki?
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Special:UserLogin

I created an account on the wiki and I'm all set. All buttons are uploaded.

I'm going to integrate them in the button gallery [1] - or at least the first
ones to show you how to do that.

Let me know if you think there should be some changes to them. I think there was one
where the "3" looked a little choppy. I may want to go back and fix that one.

I'll be back on the topic, when they are reachable via the gallery.

Best regards

Bernhard

[1]: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Art/Gallery/WebButtons