On 2/14/2010 8:15 PM, Andy Brown wrote:
Updated version of card.

At http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/File:ShowCard_1n.odt

Any anyone that can remove the "white" edge around the icons, please do
and reupload.

Hello Andy,

Better I think for this specific conversation to stay on the art list, just to echo what I read in a response on the marketing list.

First I like the idea and I like the graphic design you came up with - to be honest I like it better without the application icons.

But that is really not the point - more to that. The best way I can think of to help you accomplish your goal, which is to help support OO.o by producing this material for the show is to offer this advice.

Slow down just a tad - it's only been 72 hours since we even knew for sure this was actually to be needed. At this point the best approach for all concerned is to take a moment for a overall view.

Yes I mentioned a few ideas, as did Christine and I noted on the wiki page that you intended to produce a card. There are other items to be produced and the first order of business, imo, would be for you, Christine, myself and others to look at what that list of items might be.

Work, as I am sure you are aware, on a new branding is underway - last I recall there was an email recently saying a few weeks before something for general review. If before then our list of items is in order it may even be a welcome tool for the art team - they could take their generalized ideas and maybe ( if we ask nicely.*smile*) ..use the items as avenue for expression ..or not. :>)

Any how, I hope you'll agree with me on the main point. It would be the best use of your time and resources if all the materials produced for the event could be, within reason, based on a common theme.

Best wishes,

Drew