Evening Drew,

Drew Jensen wrote:

> Hello Andy,
>
> Better I think for this specific conversation to stay on the art list,
> just to echo what I read in a response on the marketing list.

Agreed and no problem, I am just use to working on the marketing list.

> First I like the idea and I like the graphic design you came up with -
> to be honest I like it better without the application icons.

Easily fixed,  Will up load a second design.

> But that is really not the point - more to that. The best way I can
> think of to help you accomplish your goal, which is to help support OO.o
> by producing this material for the show is to offer this advice.
>
> Slow down just a tad - it's only been 72 hours since we even knew for
> sure this was actually to be needed. At this point the best approach for
> all concerned is to take a moment for a overall view.

I have been trying to find/produce marketing material since I joined the
marketing project.  The ALA confer is not the first time I have needed
material.  So my personal feeling is the more material we have the
easier it will be to put together for a specific event that may come up.

> Yes I  mentioned a few ideas, as did Christine and I noted on the wiki
> page that you intended to produce a card. There are other items to be
> produced and the first order of business, imo, would be for you,
> Christine, myself and others to look at what that list of items might be.
>
> Work, as I am sure you are aware, on a new branding is underway - last I
> recall there was an email recently saying a few weeks before something
> for general review. If before then our list of items is in order it may
> even be a welcome tool for the art team - they could take their
> generalized ideas and maybe ( if we ask nicely.*smile*) ..use the items
> as avenue for expression ..or not. :>)

I try to use reusable designs that is the reason I upload ODT files.  It
 takes on a few keystrokes to change/ update a design.

> Any how, I hope you'll agree with me on the main point. It would be the
> best use of your time and resources if all the materials produced for
> the event could be, within reason, based on a common theme.

I agree, but waiting till the last minute may mean not having anything
to use.

> Best wishes,
>
> Drew

Looking forward to tomorrows chat.