If there is an upcoming event very soon and you already want to use the new
logo in marketing material, then you should use the logo that respects the
guidelines draft. But be extra strict so you will not encounter any problems
in the future when certain things changes. Like not rotating the logo, use a
white background, respect minimum whitespace etc.

If you respect these guidelines, I don't think anything can go wrong. If you
are unsure, place a sample of your material on the wiki and put a link in
this thread. That way some of us can have a look at it and see if it
complies with all the points that we already discussed until now.

You can find a link to the eps-type of the logo somewhere on the
mailinglists, just watch out when downloading the image. The colour might be
slightly changed. Make sure that the black and blue have the correct colour
values.

Regards,
Ismaël Grammenidis