Hi all,

as you probably know, OpenOffice.org will celebrate it's 10th anniversary on October 13th - just a few weeks ahead.

Even if there is still no certainty about how to use the new logo, it's very likely that we can use the logo to design a specialized logo for this extraordinary event.

With his introduction last month, Miguel Boto presented us an impressing idea about such a logo on the branding mailing list:
http://marketing.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=branding&msgNo=411

I used this one as basis and adapted it to the still unfinished logo usage guidelines.

I changed the whitespace area around the OOo logo (at least half the height of the large "O" distance to other elements) as well as the font (probably "M plus 1p" will become the officially recommended font for textual elements accompanying the logo).

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:BeDipp#personal_sandbox

Please have a look at it and comment, criticize, discuss this proposal.

I'd like to present it soon on d...@marketing, so people can use it for our website, linking to dedicated sub-pages.

Best regards

Bernhard