I moved my ASP stuff in the httpd.conf file to the VirtualHost Section and now Apache
comes up.

<VirtualHost _default_:443>

PerlModule  Apache::ASP
<Files ~ (\.asp)>
  SetHandler  perl-script
  PerlHandler Apache::ASP
  PerlSetVar  Global /home/webadmin/ptoc.org/register
  PerlSetVar  StateDir /tmp/asp
  PerlSetVar UseStrict 0
  PerlSetVar Debug 3
</Files>

</VirtualHost>

When I try to hit http://ptoc.org/register/test.asp (My Hello World ASP), it hangs for
a long time and gives me a 500 internal server error.  Still nothing in my error_log.

My test.asp follows:
<%@ LANGUAGE=PerlScript %>

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Hello World</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<%
        my $abz = "This is a test";
%>
<H2>Hello world!</H2>
<%
        $Response->Write( "HelloWorld - $abz <BR>\n" );
%>
</BODY>
</HTML>