From: Thomas Eckardt [thomas.ecka...@thockar.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 10:03 AM
To: ASSP development mailing list
Subject: [Assp-test] Antwort:  Missing DB_File wrong

>(I'm running Activestate 64 bit on Win 2003 Server).  Any idea why it's
not working?

Seems you don't read install instructions! The ASSP-V2 module installer
would have installed all required modules and if not, it would have shown
why.

Don't use a 64 Bit Perl on windows - this leads in to a mixed (64/32)
Perl, because most post installed modules are compiled for 32 Bit.
Or if you want to use a 64Bit Perl you have to compile all required
modules that contains XS code for your platfrom.

>>but I have DB_File installed.

check the startup log (maillog.txt) for errors and warnings
check the 'Perl Modules' section in the GUI->Infos and Stats

check this from the command line:

>perl -e "use DB_File; print DB_File->VERSION;"

If all is Ok, you'll see something similar:

C:\Windows\system32>perl -e "use DB_File; print DB_File->VERSION;"
1.826
C:\Windows\system32>

At least - DB_File (which is BerkeleyDB V1) is 10 times slower than
BerkeleyDB (v4 or V5 engine) and module v 0.51. - and BerkeleyDB.pm is
required to build the HMM database!

IMHO - you should uninstall Perl, remove the Perl folder from the system,
install 5.12 or 5.14 32Bit , download the assp.mod.zip - unzip it in the
folder assp - change with CMD in to assp/assp.mod/install - edit the
install.cmd if required and run it.

Thomas