Everybody,

I've been having issues with remote users not being able to send email
using STARTTLS with SeaMonkey as the MUA on port 587, for the last
couple months.

The symptoms are:

User goes to send email

SeaMonkey's status bar indicates email is in the process of being sent.
It then just sits there with the status bar at 99%.  Two minutes later,
SeaMonkey times out stating the email could not be sent.
Restarting ASSP and trying again, succeeds.

Once ASSP has been restarted, email will flow fine for 2 or 3 hours,
before the process needs to be restarted again.

I did download and put into place the SSL.pm from the SourceForge page,
hoping the bump would fix the issue, but it has not.  I placed it into
/assp/lib/Net/SMTP.  The version number is showing correct in the ASSP
admin page.

I've set a debug on the test IP address for a success and failure that
I've attached via pastebin.

Any suggestions on what may be the cause?

Failed attempt debug:  http://pastebin.com/U5dYMNNR
Succeed attempt debug: http://pastebin.com/7LJTdZgB

I've upgraded to the latest ASSP today:

ASSP version 2.4.4(14331)

It made no difference

System specs:

root@assp2:/assp/debug# lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Debian
Release:        7.7
Codename:       wheezy

perl -v

This is perl 5, version 18, subversion 0 (v5.18.0) built for
x86_64-linux-thread-multi

The mail server is Zimbra (Backend is Postfix)

Thanks!

Doug

--
Ben Franklin quote:

Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."