Thanks Greyhat for chiming in and sorry for so many emails all!

I'm using our 3 internal DNS servers.  The ports are wide open between the
servers.  There isn't a firewall issue.  Nothing's changed on the DNS
servers or the firewall (I run them too).

Notes (to summarize my many posts - sorry about that):

1) Things work just fine for a while after starting ASSP

2) After a couple of hours, the problem returns.  RWL and RBL "bad file"
warnings, A and MX records don't resolve.

3) Using 3 local and fast dns servers.  using persistent connection or not,
doesn't matter.  I have DNSServerLimit set to 2

4) *This was never a problem with 15167.  As soon as we went to 15225, the
problem started*.

5) *After the problem shows its head*, *Infostats shows "0" for used dns
servers* instead of showing the 2 servers ASSP has selected to use.  Once I
restart ASSP,  the used DNS Servers line goes back to showing 2 of my 3
servers as expected.

Windows 2012 R2, fully patched.