The RBL, RWL, URIBL engine stored possibly a wrong state of the
DNS-servers , if some or all were failed. This will be corrected in the
todays release.

The problem is not any change in assp - the problem are your DNS-servers.

>After the problem starts, Used DNS Servers shows "0" instead of the 2
servers that are being used.

If this is the case - assp has not got any answer from any DNS-server.

Thomas

Von:    K Post <nntp.p...@gmail.com>
Datum:  17.09.2015 15:45
Betreff:        [Assp-test] BUG? DNS Server Rotation 15255

Following up / correcting my RWL check failed thread from earlier in the
week.  Here's what I'm seeing:

With version 15255 if I have 3 dns servers entered into DNSServers (all
local servers without forwarders) but have 2 for DNSServerLimit after
several hours, the server starts having DNS issues after a couple of
hours.

Before the problem starts, I see the 3 dns servers in InfoStats along with
the 2 that are currently being used.  After the problem starts, Used DNS
Servers shows "0" instead of the 2 servers that are being used.

I know this is happening because the server throws the Bad File Descriptor
error for RBL and RWL and I'm emailed that warning, but in the logs, it's
also failing non-cached DNS lookups.

It >>APPEARS<< that if I set DNSServerLimit to 0 that this problem does
not
happen.  I suspect something changed with the way that DNS rotation is
working.  Setting DNSServerLimit to 0 while the server is running and
applying it resets Used DNS Servers and things start working immediately.

Again, I jumped from 15167 to 15255.  I don't know what version this
started being a problem.

DISCLAIMER:
This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential, legally
privileged and protected in law and are intended solely for the use of the

individual to whom it is addressed.
This email was multiple times scanned for viruses. There should be no
known virus in this email!