Von:    Harley_1955 <harley_1...@yahoo.com>
An:     ASSP-TEST <assp-test@lists.sourceforge.net>
Datum:  05.11.2015 17:39
Betreff:        [Assp-test] Extra Dot Problem

Has anyone ever encountered having extra dots added to their emails? I've
got xml attachments coming in that get processed automatically and the
extra dots are messing things up, I know dot stuffing is supposed to
happen per the rfc but they are not being removed. I am being told that
the same email can be sent to gmail or yahoo and this problem doesn't
occur. The weird thing is not all emails to that address are affected,
some are ok. Here's an example:

0000000</vUnCom><vProd>30369.15</vProd><cEANTrib/><uTrib>TN</uTrib><qTrib>9=
..3300</qTrib><vUnTrib>3255.0000000000</vUnTrib><vFrete>288.14</vFrete><vSeg=
>19.48</vSeg><indTot>1</indTot><xPed>Junho/15</xPed><nFCI>1CC2B51C-67D1-433=

The ..3300 isn't right.  Is this a server or a client problem? Flow is
---->ASSP---->MTA---->Exchange

SMTP standard RFC2821 section 4.5.2:

Allow all user composed text to be transmitted transparently, the
following procedures are used:
Before sending a line of mail text, the SMTP client checks the first
character of the line. If it is a period, one additional period is
inserted at the beginning of the line.

When a line of mail text is received by the SMTP server, it checks the
line. If the line is composed of a single period, it is treated as the end
of mail indicator. If the first character is a period and there are other
characters on the line, the first character is deleted.

DISCLAIMER:
This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential, legally
privileged and protected in law and are intended solely for the use of the

individual to whom it is addressed.
This email was multiple times scanned for viruses. There should be no
known virus in this email!