Has anyone ever encountered having extra dots added to their emails? I've got
xml attachments coming in that get processed automatically and the extra dots
are messing things up, I know dot stuffing is supposed to happen per the rfc
but they are not being removed. I am being told that the same email can be sent
to gmail or yahoo and this problem doesn't occur. The weird thing is not all
emails to that address are affected, some are ok. Here's an example:

0000000</vUnCom><vProd>30369.15</vProd><cEANTrib/><uTrib>TN</uTrib><qTrib>9=
..3300</qTrib><vUnTrib>3255.0000000000</vUnTrib><vFrete>288.14</vFrete><vSeg=
>19.48</vSeg><indTot>1</indTot><xPed>Junho/15</xPed><nFCI>1CC2B51C-67D1-433=

The ..3300 isn't right.  Is this a server or a client problem? Flow is
---->ASSP---->MTA---->Exchange

SMTP standard RFC2821 section 4.5.2:

Allow all user composed text to be transmitted transparently, the following
procedures are used:
Before sending a line of mail text, the SMTP client checks the first character
of the line. If it is a period, one additional period is inserted at the
beginning of the line.

When a line of mail text is received by the SMTP server, it checks the line. If
the line is composed of a single period, it is treated as the end of mail
indicator. If the first character is a period and there are other characters on
the line, the first character is deleted.