:: On Sun, 8 Nov 2015 12:09:34 -0500
:: <nb.5754742be1.563f81ce.3050...@hollsco.com>
:: Scott MacLean <a...@hollsco.com> wrote:

> This sounds like a great feature, but as soon as I turned it on (I
> used 3 600), EVERY user attempting to send email, even those
> connecting for the first time (including myself) were blocked with a
> 4.7.1, and subsequent attempts got them added to PBBlack as well. I
> had to turn it off and clean out recent entries to PBBlack to get
> things back on track.

well, at least it works, doesn't it :D ?

No, ok, seriously, sounds like Thomas fixed it with #15313; as for the
feature, the idea is to attempt protecting the mail system from bots
attempting to abuse stolen credentials to pump out spam; ASSP already
has a rate limiter which helps detecting "mass mailing", slowing them
down and alerting the admin but, till now, ASSP had no way to deal with
a flock of bots with a bunch of different IPs authenticating using some
stolen credentials and sending (say) 1 or 2 messages each; both issues
can now be taken care of using the new feature :)