Von:    cw <colin.war...@gmail.com>
Datum:  08.09.2016 13:26
Betreff:        [Assp-test] invalidFormatHeloRe

Hi,

I’m not an expert at Regexs otherwise I’d look at this myself.

I’ve had someone emailing me about problems getting mail through and at
first glance it was due to an invalid HELO. At second glance, the HELO is
actually valid and points to a domain that has a valid DNS record. The
HELO
is server.kalo.digital

This fails the default regex for invalidFormatHeloRe because the regex
stipulates that the last part of the HELO has to be between 2 and 6
characters long. This doesn’t take into account the more recent TLDs that
have been forced on the Internet of which .digital is one being 7
characters.

I can’t find anything in RFC1123 that specifically states the number of
characters for the TLD so is this a problem with the Regex rather than the
usage of TLDs with more than 6 characters?

All the best,

Colin Waring.

DISCLAIMER:
This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential, legally
privileged and protected in law and are intended solely for the use of the

individual to whom it is addressed.
This email was multiple times scanned for viruses. There should be no
known virus in this email!