>Does npRE no longer search the envelope?

This was never the case!
npRe can't match, because the envelope sender is not part of the email
:(:(

noProcessing does not match because of a bug. The '+' in the address is
not escaped in the regular expression, it is instead processed as a
quantifier. This will be fixed.

for now you can use the following in 'noProcessing':

test.person*caf_=them=ourcharity....@gmail.com

Thomas