> I thought this would not be caught by nospoofing because that would only
match if the RHS ended in the entry from localdomains.

OK.

And what if the 'DoNoFrom' feature would work like this:

Check for Existing and Valid From: and Sender: Header Tag and Address
(DoNoFrom)

If enabled, the MIME header is checked for valid From: and Sender: header
tags.
This header check fails and faults are counted, if both headers (From: and
Sender:) are missing - or if any of these headers contains not a valid
email address - or if multiple of the same headers are found.
The scoring value nofromValencePB is added for each detected fault.

In your example:

To: recipi...@recipientdomain.tld
From: Sender Name <f...@domain.tld>
From: Sender Name <f...@domain2.tld>
From: Sender Name <
actualsmtpfromaddr...@legitimatebutcompromiseddomain.tld>

'nofromValencePB' would be added two times - one time for each
additionally From: header.

Thomas

Von:    "Colin Waring" <co...@dolphinict.co.uk>
Datum:  13.04.2018 20:55
Betreff:        Re: [Assp-test] Multiple From headers/regex based on
localdomains

Thank you for the reply Thomas,

Being able to include sender:, reply to: and errors-to: would be handy in
my opinion

However, in this case the local domain was not in any of the from: fields
whatsoever. By using n...@recipientdomain.tld-1.me, this hits a stupid bug
in Outlook where in some places it will only display
n...@recipientdomain.tld. The -1.me is completely fictional and varies
from message to message. I thought this would not be caught by nospoofing
because that would only match if the RHS ended in the entry from
localdomains.

All the best,
Colin.