-----Original Message-----
From: Richard H. Gravelly
"Say O people, if ye deny these verses, by what proof have ye believed in God?  Produce it, O Assemblage of false ones"

Would a scientist say that Baha'u'llah is placing the burden of proving the null hypothesis on the denier of His claim that His Verses are from God; and  therefore has made a statement "contrary to a recognized principle of argumentation that says that the one who asserts must prove" that it is true?

If this is the case, then has this "rule of argumentation"  been changed with the Advent of the Revelation of Baha'u'llah?

Richard.

Dear Richard,

As I read it, Baha'u'llah is not challenging someone to prove that His verses are not from God, but instead is asking deniers by what proof have they believed God.

I think the implication is that the peerlessness of the divine verses constitute the primary proof in every new Revelation, and that anyone who had recognized this quality in the holy books of the past would be able to recognize this quality in the divine verses revealed in this Day--because the demonstration of the creative and reformative power of the divine verses was more evident in this Day than ever in the past.

--- Vaughn