Dear Richard,

Today reading your post I concluded that I have a very simple
mind, indeed!  What you were suggesting from the following
verse has never occurred to me in over 30 years...

"Say O people, if ye deny these verses, by what proof have ye
believed in God?  Produce it, O Assemblage of false ones"

I've always read this verse as a challenge to the deniers to
look within themselves and pose the question "Why do I believe
in God?"

In the early 70's I attended a 9 day Institute where we
immersed ourselves in The Seven Valleys and The Four Valleys.
From that time, I've sensed a parallel between the above verse
from the Tablet of Ahmad; and this one, quoting Rumi, in The
Seven Valleys p.20:

"Yea, to the beetle a sweet fragrance seemeth foul,
and to the man sick of a rheum a pleasant perfume is as
naught.

Wherefore, it hath been said for the guidance of the ignorant:
Cleanse thou the rheum from out thine head
And breathe the breath of God instead."

The *proof* Bahá'u'lláh is asking for, I think, in my limited
capacity and humble opinion, is the question:  "Do you imagine
yourself a true believer?... and if so, prove it!"  The
"burden of proof" lies within the individual to accept or
reject the *truth* of the Revelation...

Lovingly,  Sandra