Original Message from Sandra Chamberlain

Mark responded: >IMO, emanation is a divine structurization for the particulars, the created beings, which God emanates.<

I agree with Mark's comment (fortunately, so does Abdu'l-Baha... see SAQ pgs: 202-208.

Nonetheless, in consideration of a <human> structurization that could/might be "labeled" I would say that would be UNITY.

Dear Sandra: Thank you for the post. I was not aware of the following quotations; and probably would not have become so aware but for your post

Out of the flowering of your thoughts and hopes, fragrant emanations have come my way, wherefore an inner sense of obligation compelleth me to pen these words (Abdu'l-Baha, Selections from the Writings of Abdu'l-Baha, p. 246)

As for offering thanks by speaking out or writing, although this is indeed acceptable, yet when compared with that other thanksgiving, it is only a semblance and unreal; for the essential thing is these intimations of the spirit, these emanations from the deep recess of the heart.(Abdu'l-Baha, Selections from the Writings of Abdu'l-Baha, p. 179)

It cannot be denied that the emanations of spiritual power and inspiration destined to radiate from the central Edifice of the Mashriqu'l-Adhkar will to a very large extent depend upon the range and variety of the contributing believers, as well as upon the nature and degree of self-abnegation which their unsolicited offerings will entail. (Shoghi Effendi, Baha'i Administration, p. 181)

Consider carefully: all these highly varied phenomena, these concepts, this knowledge, these technical procedures and philosophical systems, these sciences, arts, industries and inventions -- all are emanations of the human mind (Abdu'l-Baha, The Secret of Divine Civilization, p. 2)

Richard.

__________________________________________________ You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:archive@mail-archive.com To unsubscribe, send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] To subscribe, use subscribe bahai-st in the message body to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Baha'i Studies is available through the following: Mail - mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Web - http://list.jccc.edu/read/?forum=bahai-st News - news://list.jccc.edu/bahai-st Public - http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist Old Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.net New Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.edu