At 5:26 PM -0500 11/21/04, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>    Is there a line somewhere in Aqdas or elsewhere that says after the
>Recognition one should serve those that believe?   Fariborz

The only thing I am aware of that ties recognition of the Manifestation
directly to service is the following on page 33 of the Aqdas -
     Be not dismayed, O peoples of the world, when
the day-star of My beauty is set, and the heaven of My
tabernacle is concealed from your eyes.  Arise to further
My Cause, and to exalt My Word amongst men.  We
are with you at all times, and shall strengthen you
through the power of truth.  We are truly almighty.
Whoso hath recognized Me will arise and serve Me
with such determination that the powers of earth and
heaven shall be unable to defeat his purpose.

However, note the following from Questions and Answers -
104.  In the Tablet to Aba Badi', this holy verse hath
      been revealed:  "Verily, We have enjoined on every
      son to serve his father."  Such is the decree which
      We have set forth in the Book.

Regarding service to others, we have these statements -
     Praise be to God! the mediaeval ages of darkness have passed
away and this century of radiance has dawned,--this century
wherein the reality of things is becoming evident,--wherein
        science is penetrating the mysteries of the universe,
        the oneness of the world of humanity is being established
        and service to mankind is the paramount motive of all existence.
        (Abdu'l-Baha, BWF 279)

In the Baha'i Cause arts, sciences and all crafts are (counted as) worship.
The man who makes a piece of notepaper to the best of his ability,
conscientiously, concentrating all his forces on perfecting it, is giving
praise to God. Briefly, all effort and exertion put forth by man from the
fullness of his  heart is worship, if it is prompted by the highest motives
and the will to do service to humanity. This is worship: to serve mankind
and to minister to the needs of the people. Service is prayer.
        (Abdu'l-Baha, PT 164-5)

For service in love for mankind is unity with God.  He who serves has already
entered the Kingdom and is seated at the right hand of his Lord.
        (Abdu'l-Baha, PUP 186)

In my opinion, an essential aspect of personal spiritual development for a
Baha'i must include exemplifying the Scriptures thru' service to mankind.

Don C

He who believes himself spiritual proves he is not.