Gilberto,

At 12:29 PM 12/25/2004, you wrote:
>>Incidentally, isn't the Bahai faith pro-life? Is abortion the same as murder?
>>In the Bahai faith would stopping abortions be considered the same as
>>stopping a murder?<<

The term "pro-life" refers to a political and social movement. Although Shoghi
Effendi said that abortions should not be permitted unless authorized by the
woman's physician, there is currently no official Baha'i policy on this matter.
Therefore, the Baha'i Faith could not be a part of the pro-life movement.

If there comes a time when Shoghi Effendi's viewpoint is implemented by the
Universal House of Justice, I would like to assume it would do so in a manner
different in style and tone from the current evangelical and fundamentalist
Christian pro-life movement.

With regards, Mark A. Foster * 15 Sites: http://markfoster.net
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburger" -- Abbie Hoffman