At 11:47 AM -0500 12/29/04, Ron Stephens wrote:

>So this is an example of a statement in the Writings -- the statement
>that the Manifestation was "asleep on His couch" and the breezes of God
>"awoke" Him -- that should be understood symbolically.
>
>My reply: Yes, the Manifestation's essence is the same for all
>eternity, backwards and forwards. But, They are "asleep" until They are
>apprised of their Mission at a specific point in their adult lives. So
>They did not consciously know about it until then, isn't that what
>these passages are saying?

Not necessarily.  I see the situation as being like the difference a
president and president-elect.  When one is the president-elect, they know
that at a certain point they will become president and have the powers
associated with that office.

To me, the experience of the Maiden was Baha'u'llah's swearing in ceremony.

Don C

He who believes himself spiritual proves he is not.