Brent, you commented earlier , I think, that the main theme you saw in teh Book of Certitude was sort of "how do we recognize a Manifestation"

I agree that is a main theme. I think the answer is (partly) by seeing if what He says is logical, reasonable and also affirms the spiritual message of previous Manifestations.

What do you and others think teh answer given in teh Iqan is to the question "how should we go about recognizing a Manifestation?'

Doesn't reason adn logic figure into this? How else are we to recognize a Manifestation and distinguish Them from other holy and good figures who are not manifestations?

__________________________________________________ You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:archive@mail-archive.com To unsubscribe, send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] To subscribe, use subscribe bahai-st in the message body to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Baha'i Studies is available through the following: Mail - mailto:bahai-st@list.jccc.edu Web - http://list.jccc.edu/read/?forum=bahai-st News - news://list.jccc.edu/bahai-st Public - http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist Old Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.net New Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.edu