On Dec 29, 2004, at 11:42 PM, Susan Maneck wrote:

"Yes, it seems to me there is usually more than one perspective
available form the Writings on a given topic. I like that. for
instance, the famous passage where Baha'u'llah sees tablet in His mind,
i do not think He actually 'sees a Tablet" but He chose that phrase
and image to try to communicate His reality to us."

Which is what, Ron?

Susan, I have no idea. My point is, I think Baha'u'llah chose to express His reality, of how He received inspiration not available o teh rest of us, using the best symbolic image he could think of. Which was teh "tablet" that I have heard you and others refer to so often on this list.
So, of course I think the "tablet" is an accurate description, in fact it is no doubt better than nay other imagery possible, or else Baha'u'llah would not have chosen it,. But i dot thin for one moment that what I see in my mind, called up by teh "tablet" imagery, is anything like the True Reality of what Baha'u'llah actually experienced. Do you see what I mean? I'm no trying to be cute or obscure here at all. Do you think I'm off -bas eon this, too?

Thanks for being patient with me. I know that, as you say, I amy not be well liked or generating much sympathy by my posting style. I Guess I'm not exactly trying to elicit sympathy, but rather I do value the honest feedback i am getting on this list, which I can get no where else on these kinds of issues.

Love and peace always,

ron

__________________________________________________ You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:archive@mail-archive.com To unsubscribe, send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] To subscribe, use subscribe bahai-st in the message body to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Baha'i Studies is available through the following: Mail - mailto:bahai-st@list.jccc.edu Web - http://list.jccc.edu/read/?forum=bahai-st News - news://list.jccc.edu/bahai-st Public - http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist Old Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.net New Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.edu