Gilberto:

 I see your point and would tend to agree with you in
mundane examples
but when you are talking about divine revelation I think
you start to run into problems.

Rich:
 How so?

Gilberto:
In the mundane case it is easier to deal with the idea that nothing is
perfect so its not a big deal for it to be improved upon later. Like a
sports record... there is always going to be someone else later who
will run faster, be stronger, jump higher, farther, etc. But thinking
of God in that way comes out very much like faint praise. It tends to
accuse God of limitation and imperfection.

Gilberto,
    Sorry for taking so long to respond, it has been a very busy week. I see your point, however, it is not God's perfection that is in question nor His limitations; He has none. It is humanity's that are the issue in Baha'i theology. The need for continuous revelation is due to the human race's imperfection and limitations. As we continue to grow and are able to accept more, revelation continues. The Muslim concept that revelation ended with Muhammad (PBUH) and that now God has to find other ways to communicate with us ties the hand of God. God created us logical and inteligent, I cannot see the logic in ending revelation in 10 AH anymore than I can see the logic of ending it in 33 AD

Rich