In a message dated 1/4/2005 5:57:59 P.M. Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
I don't
think that that kind of success is much of an indication of truth. In
fact, I think in general the liberation theology perspective (where
God is on the side of the poor and the oppressed) is much more
compelling.
Dear Gilberto,

Better be careful, we are agreeing again. ;-}

"On
more than one occasion, I've seen Bahais make similar arguments by
looking at Western economic power or technological success compared to
the Muslim world and try to make some kind of implication about Islam."

That's rather funny, because the only time I've seen the Writings argue anything at all along those lines it had to do with how much Western progress was due to the influence of the Islamic world!

But I myself have one word which explains Western hegemony, namely exploitation.

warmest, Susan