I'm not sure exactly which point you are trying to make.

J:  Forget it.  Pretend I never wrote it.

Some of what is written doesn't necessarily ring true for me, and I'm not certain
what other assumptions you might be making.

J: No other assumptions.  Everything was layed out in the two emails.

I think there are many different differences of opinion between the typical Christian and the typical Muslim and I honestly don't think that the typical Christian's
biggest objection to Islam is the idea of continuation of prophecy.

J: No, it is the logical conclusion that Jesus as the Son of God and Word of God does not need to be replaced.  Why would God replace His own word?  Same argument that Muslims make to prove the finality of the Prophet.

Before even getting to that point, there is the whole, rejecting the crucifixion, rejecting the Trinity, rejecting the deity of Christ, and top of that is the whole woman-hating terrorist stereotype to get over plus several issues on top of that before you
get to the idea of scripture being continued.

J:  Can you blame them?  These teachings are part of their religion.  Actually, I don't blame the people, I blame their religious leaders and their scholars.

Also, Christians can't really use the verse in question in the way being suggested because if Jesus said ""Heaven and earth shall pass away: by My words shall not pass away." Luke 21:33 and this was intended to be some kind of cap on scripture, well, the entire New Testament seems to have been finished AFTER Jesus.

J:  This is funny.  From what I remember, the Qur'an was also written after the passing of the Prophet.  Still, in my view, both are the Word of God.

So whatever the verse means, it shouldn't mean no more scriptures are coming, even for Christians.

J:  The same must also then apply to the Qur'an.  This proves your statement incorrect.

Also I'm not even sure if I would say that Muslims are saying the words of Jesus "passed away"

J:  The fact that you have the Qur'an?

It seems to be suggesting that with God, God's speech exists in a form
beyond human language, but when God reveals that word to a particular
culture it comes out with particular sounds and letters in the form of
the scriptures we are familiar with.

Which to me suggest that on some level the Torah is the Gospel is the Quran etc.

Although that's just a suggestion I'm throwing out there based on the
above site.

J:  No response.  You're line of reasoning makes me uncomfortable.  It makes it seem like you are here to propagate Islam and do not want to learn anything.  Don't worry about the Baha'is, we already believe in the Holy Qur'an.

Do you Yahoo!?
All your favorites on one personal page – Try My Yahoo! __________________________________________________ You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:archive@mail-archive.com To unsubscribe, send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] To subscribe, use subscribe bahai-st in the message body to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Baha'i Studies is available through the following: Mail - mailto:bahai-st@list.jccc.edu Web - http://list.jccc.edu/read/?forum=bahai-st News - news://list.jccc.edu/bahai-st Public - http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist Old Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.net New Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.edu