It just occurred to this poster that a Freudian Slip was inadvertently made in a recent post about Paul Lample. The word “inciteful” was inadvertently written instead of “insightful.” This slip, however, has significance to this poster.

During the period in which this soul had the pleasure of working in association with Paul, Paul kept a pointed cartoon posted on his office wall. It remains conscious in my member, over 20 years later. The cartoon was as such:

An elderly figure, dressed in a flowing robe, was descending a mountainside carrying two stone tablets bearing ten inscriptions (obviously, a take on Moses with the Ten Commandments). With the Word of God in hand, the figure proceeds to say: “But first, I’d like to share a little something I wrote myself.”

The meaning of that cartoon to Paul (to my best understanding…I don’t want to speak for Paul) is that we often look to human understanding despite the fact that we have the infallible Word of God before us.

That brings up another point about Paul Lample….never has this one interacted with someone who has a greater affinity to the Word of God than Paul. His life is guided by the Word. He is continually immersed in the Word. His actions are taken in conformity with the Word. He constantly cites the Word, thus making him “inciteful.”

To insinuate that Paul would support Ruhi for personal gain is ludicrous.

James