Dear Firouz,

Yes, time is a big thing. And talk about taking the
words of an ABM or Counsellor for holy... (sigh).

the first time I ever went to summer school, before
becoming Bahai, Adib Taherzadeh was there and he was a
counsellor. Most of us were camping. Every day Adib
woudl walk the camping ground, saying hi to people,
obviously trying to make contact. He was a bit shy, so
he would not know exactly what to say after he said
hi, but his whole manner was very friendly and
indicative of wanting to have contact.
And everybody was too much in awe to invite him for a
cup of coffee or tea!
So I went up to him at my third day and talked to him,
treated him as a normal human being. He introduced me
to his wife and his two then very small children. And
a  lot of people said to me: wow! Some admiringly,
others with a hint of disapproval. I said: look, he is
obviously looking for contact, and I think it is
painful if nobody talks to him, treat him like a
friend. They said: but do you know he is a counsellor?
And I said: so what? He obviously wants to make
friends with us, so why do we keep us away from him?

I live now since 7 years in Dublin. Adib Taherzadeh
pioneered for a long time, until he became member of
the House of Justice, in the Dublin area. Some people
quote him all the time, and I get a bit sick of that.
As if his word was infallible.
and I do say that occasionally. NOt too often, cause I
have a sharp tongue and often what I say comes out far
stronger than intended and will hurt peoples feelings.

It is difficult when you are in a community where
people are not very deepened, where you know more than
they do. It is like being with children: a lot of
patience and biting back of words is needed.
Part of the process of sacrifice I think may be this,
that one can see a certain aspect of the big diamond
Truth that others cannot see, even when you point it
out to them. One then need to chose the moments when
one can speak about that aspect of truth very wisely.

It can be very lonely being a Bahai.

I wish you much strength and love,

janine