Hi Susan,

My take on it is this.
Book 2 offered me the idea of introducing Baha'u'llahs
words in a natural way in my speech. It gave me the
practice and confidence to talk more freely than ever
before about the Bahai teachings.

Book 6 gave me a scenario for the subjects which are
most important to be brought up in talking to another
about the bahai faith (I happen to agree with the
importance of the subjects book 6 suggest) and also
gave me a manner, a way of speakign and being with a
person one wants to tell about the Bahai faith.
It also made me think about what teaching is.

Book 3 taught me that a bit as well, because what it
says about how to treat children is very much
applicable to adults. To everybody.

Book 4 was fun to do but did not teach me much. I am
good at story telling and holding on to facts and I
knew a lot of the history already.

The social aspect of ruhi, in that you do it in a
group is important to me as well. The answers to a
question a person gives, the going off often in pairs
to learn a quote etc, helps to build personal contact.
I got to know people better, because I got to know
another dimension of them, a dimension they would not
show so much, because it is a dimension which comes up
when one is occupied with the writings. The learning
for example, by heart, together, of a quote can be
quite powerful, because both of you repeat the words
over and over again. It forges a bond.
The human resources I am developing in that is a
better  insight in peopel and better social
interaction.

The two newly declared are adding their personal
capacities to the pool of capacity we have in our
community. That is an increase in human resources.

In our community where a lto of people have done at
least 2 books, more and more activities to reach out
to non-Bahais are taking place. And this has not
happened in all the 7 years I have been living here,
even though we always had the same sized community. It
seems that quite a few find inspiration through doing
the books and spiral then into activities to reach out
the non-Bahai community.

much love,

janine van rooij
dublin, ireland.