Hi Sandra.  You ask where I see the Institution of the Hands referred to, or
perhaps foreshadowed, in this passage from Baha'u'llah.

There are two things. The first is to look at the entire section in context:

"O Living Temple! Stretch forth Thy hand over all who are in heaven and on
earth, and seize within the grasp of Thy Will the reins of command. We have,
verily, placed in Thy right hand the empire of all things. Do as Thou willest,
and fear not the ignorant. Reach out to the Tablet that hath dawned above the
horizon of the pen of Thy Lord, and take hold of it with such strength that,
through Thee, the hands of all who inhabit the earth may be enabled to lay fast
hold upon it. This, in truth, is that which becometh Thee, if Thou be of those
who understand. Through the upraising of Thy hand to the heaven of My grace,
the hands of all created things shall be lifted up to their Lord, the Mighty,
the Powerful, the Gracious. Erelong shall We raise up, through the aid of Thy
hand, other hands endued with power, with strength and might, and shall
establish through them Our dominion over all that dwell in the realms of
revelation and creation. Thus will the servants of God recognize the truth that
there is none other God beside Me, the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting. With
these hands, moreover, We shall both bestow and withhold, though none can
understand this save those who see with the eye of the spirit.

"Say: O people! Can ye ever hope to escape the sovereign power of your Lord? By
the righteousness of God! No refuge will ye find in this day, and no one to
protect you, save those upon whom God hath bestowed the favour of His mercy.
He, verily, is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Compassionate. Say: O people!
Forsake all that ye possess, and enter beneath the shadow of your Lord, the
All-Merciful. Better is this for you than all your works of the past and of the
future. Fear ye God, and deprive not yourselves of the sweet savours of the
days of the Lord of all names and attributes. Take heed lest ye alter or
pervert the text of the Word of God. Walk ye in the fear of God, and be
numbered with the righteous.

"Say: O people! This is the Hand of God, which hath ever been above your own
hands, could ye but understand. Within its grasp We have ordained all the good
of the heavens and the earth, such that no good shall be made manifest but that
it proceedeth therefrom. Thus have We made it the source and treasury of all
good both aforetime and hereafter. Say: The rivers of divine wisdom and
utterance which flowed through the Tablets of God are joined to this Most Great
Ocean, could ye but perceive it, and whatever hath been set forth in His Books
hath attained its final consummation in this most exalted Word -- a Word
shining above the horizon of the Will of the All-Glorious in this Revelation
which hath filled with delight all things seen and unseen.

"Erelong shall God draw forth, out of the bosom of power, the hands of
ascendancy and might, and shall raise up a people who will arise to win victory
for this Youth and who will purge mankind from the defilement of the outcast
and the ungodly. These hands will gird up their loins to champion the Faith of
God, and will, in My name the Self-Subsistent, the Mighty, subdue the peoples
and kindreds of the earth. They will enter the cities and will inspire with
fear the hearts of all their inhabitants. Such are the evidences of the might
of God; how fearful, how vehement is His might, and how justly doth He wield
it! He, verily, ruleth and transcendeth all who are in the heavens and on the
earth, and revealeth what He desireth according to a prescribed measure.

"Should any one of them be called upon to confront all the hosts of creation,
he would assuredly prevail through the ascendancy of My Will. This, verily, is
a proof of My power, though My creatures comprehend it not. This, verily, is a
sign of My sovereignty, though My subjects understand it not. This, verily, is
a token of My command, though My servants perceive it not. This, verily, is an
evidence of Mine ascendancy, though none amongst the people is truly thankful
for it, save those whose eyes God hath illumined with the light of His
knowledge, whose hearts He hath made the repository of His Revelation, and upon
whose shoulders He hath placed the weight of His Cause. These shall inhale the
fragrances of the All-Merciful from the garment of His Name, and shall rejoice
at all times in the signs and verses of their Lord."
(Baha'u'llah, The Summons of the Lord of Hosts, pp. 18-21, Sections 1.31-1.35)

It seems to me to parallel this passage from the Will about the Institution of
the Hands:

"The obligations of the Hands of the Cause of God are to diffuse the Divine
Fragrances, to edify the souls of men, to promote learning, to improve the
character of all men and to be, at all times and under all conditions,
sanctified and detached from earthly things. They must manifest the fear of God
by their conduct, their manners, their deeds and their words." (The Will and
Testament of Abdu'l-Baha, p. 12)

The second reason is that when Shoghi Effendi translated this passage he
capitalized the word "Hands" in the passage "Hands of Ascendancy and Might".
Advent of Divine Justice p. 85, World Order of Baha'u'llah, p. 110)

Brent