Gilberto wrote:

>And elsewhere the Quran explicitly gives Muslims permission to eat
with Jews and Christians (which implies sociability) and even limited
inter-marriage. So the idea that the Quran asserts that the only
dialogue possible the sword and the bullet is really silly to me.

Gilberto, would you mind letting us know where the Quran says this, please?

>If there is alot of hate and animosity from Muslims in the Middle East
directed towards "Christians" its not because of what Muslims are
reading in the Quran, its because of what Muslims are reading in the
newspaper (or seeing for themselves in their own countries).

Granted.

Dave Lambert